Canadian Light Source
August 21-23, 2017
Connect classroom science with scientific research! This workshop is an opportunity for science educators to learn more about current Canadian scientific research with hands-on activities at one of Canada’s biggest research facilities. Each year we open our doors to the nation’s science teachers, providing them the unique opportunity to:
- Participate in synchrotron experiments
- Learn about novel research in many disciplines
- Network with scientists who share their experiences and enthusiasm for science
- Explore the entire facility
- Make connections to science curriculum
CLS provides an exciting, real-life context for many of the outcomes expected in the science classroom.
See the Canadian Light Source page for more details.
The Teachers’ Workshop also provides the necessary training for your students to be able to participate in the award winning Students on the Beamlines program.