We would love to help “spread the word” about this professional development opportunity with the goal of “tearing down” barriers to teachers advancing global learning in agriculture: #GLAG18: Cultivating Global Learners. Our keynote should be great, “Transforming Global Agriculture Through Youth Engagement” with Appiah Boateng, founder and Executive Director of 4-H Ghana, and Trent McKnight, founder of AgriCorps. You might enjoy this short clip from Trent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuD-9CEzdQ
This is our third year of the conference in an online format. You can search #GLAG17 or #GLAG16 on Twitter to get a feel for past “feeds”.
I want to make sure you are aware of two things:
1) We want to learn from you! Submit presentation proposals.
- We are soliciting sharing of scholarship and best practices for advancing the dialogue around Global Learning and participants have two options for dissemination of their innovation and research: synchronous or asynchronous. Submissions are really simple and are due on November 15th. Truly, this is for ANYONE passionate about global engagement in agriculture. All levels of educators are welcome (secondary and post-secondary). This is a non-discipline specific, unbiased sharing of scholarship of research and creative accomplishment and scholarship of teaching and learning. You can learn more here: http://aese.psu.edu/teachag/global/global-learning-in-agriculture-conference/request-for-applications
2) Sharing is Caring.
- I know when you find something it awesome, the only thing that makes it better is sharing with someone else! There is a limited availability for the awesome Conference-in-a-Box! Please personally invite friends and colleagues that you think would be interested J: http://www.cvent.com/events/global-learning-in-agriculture-conference-glag18-/event-summary-daa92625b5034d9c816e30f57cd6a9f0.aspx .
Feel free to call or email if you have questions or would like additional information!
Daniel D. Foster, Ph.D.
Student Teacher Coordinator
Penn State Teach Ag!
211 Ferguson Building
University Park, PA 16802
Previous Recordings of the conference are available here:
2016 conference recording
2017 conference recording
The Education Perfect Science Championships will take place from the 14th to the 21st of August this year and as a SSTS member you can register all your students for free.
The Education Perfect Science Championships is a 7-day event run during National Science Week 2017. This is a great opportunity to motivate and inspire all students and raise the profile of Science at your school. The content follows the Australian Curriculum, NSW Syllabus, Victorian Curriculum and New Zealand Curriculum so this is a brilliant chance for students to revise and consolidate what they are learning in Science.
Are your students ready to compete?
Here’s your checklist:
- Register your students.
– Your students are already registered if they have a current subscription to Education Perfect in any subject area.
– For any additional students from your school whom you would like to register, please follow this process ASAP! The registration fee is $5 per student but if you quote the code “SSTS” when you register, all your students will be registered for free.
- Warm up your students with the content. Now is a good time to get your students practising as soon as they are registered. It’s a great opportunity to check out our Science Investigations content!
- If you are after a winning strategy for your school you can discuss your game plan with the Education Perfect Team, you can book a time that suits you, directly here.
- Interact with the EP community on the EP Facebook page to share the fun with the world! Teachers, students and supporters are all welcome to ‘like’ the page, and share comments, post photos, and cheer each other on. We can’t wait to see your students have fun while they achieve their academic goals!
Learn. Compete. Win. Let the Championships begin!
An opportunity for educator professional development, sponsored by the SSTS!
Registration will take place via PayPal (below)!
Sciematics 2013 is quickly approaching. Check out conference updates and session information on our Sciematics 2013 Conference site.
Date: Thursday, May 9th to Saturday, May 11, 2013
Location: University of Saskatchewan – College of Agriculture and Bioresources
Here is the current schedule of presenters for Friday.